Saturday, July 30, 2011

Pondering: 2011-2012 School Year

I had given up on homeschooling. Really, I had. It seemed any time I moved in that direction, a divine hand would interfere. I assumed God was letting me know that homeschooling just wasn't for us.
Then, a few months ago, I read a blog post from a friend I haven't seen in years. I was surprised to learn she was homeschooling. I spent a day thinking about it. Then I discussed it with my husband, but not my children. I was surprised when I picked my daughter up from preschool that day, when she asked me to teach her at home this fall for kindergarten.
Was it a sign?
So I researched, prayed, had counseled with my husband and children.
In the end, I had a firm testimony that God wanted me to homeschool Mia this fall.
The boys? I love them as much, but there's no way I could effectively teach all four children this fall. Thankfully, they solved everything the easy way: they still want to go to school this fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment