Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Cooking with Kids


And it came to pass that our family night treat was exceedingly sweet.
As a time-consuming practical life activity, sometimes I let my children help me make the treat for family home evening (I'm better at planning treats than lessons). At a young age, they can pour pre-measured dry ingredients, mostly into the mixing bowl. I usually stay in a rut with that activity for a while.
Mia was excited to put "her" cookies on the little toaster oven sheet. I insisted that only an adult got to put it in the big oven. After the sheet had cooled to the touch, I let her use a little spatula to transfer the cookies to a little cooling rack. She loved it ! Little Nephi, however, was jealous that we didn't have a second set of small bakeware. I let him use the big spatula and cooling rack, which he quite enjoyed.


No comments:

Post a Comment