Friday, February 28, 2020

March 2020 Bullet Journal

I took some quick photos of my March 2020 Bullet Journal before filling in the rest of the dates and personal goals.
I was working on the first spread during President Oaks Face to Face event, and included the four goal areas (spiritual, intellectual, social, and physical) on my spread. My poem of the month is from Emily Dickinson:
"'Hope' is the thing with feathers
That perches in the soul-
And sings the tune without the words
And never stops at all-
And sweetest-in the Gale-is heard-
And sore must be the storm-
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm-
I've heard it in the chillest land-
And on the strangest Sea-
Yet-never-in Extremity,
It asked a crumb of me."
 The next spread is prepped for budgeting. The facing page is for lists or notes as needed during the month. I'm not big into shamrocks, so I attempted a rainbow.
 This is a big change from the weekly spread I've been using. The dates run in the central green column. The space to the left is for things that are scheduled--practices, appointments, etc. The space on the right is my "to do" for that day. I may fill in the space on the left in advance, and wait until the morning-of to fill-in the more flexible space on the right.
The vine on the facing page is for my mood tracker. I've never used one before, and am curious to see how it goes. On my month spread (shown above) I have a color key for my mood tracker. The plan is to color in each pair of leaves (representing each day of the week) by the key: yellow for peace and joy, green for patient and productive (a more typical good day), blue for fine, teal for stress/worry, and periwinkle for sorrow or grief.
 On the next spread, I decided to lump my habits by the kind of tracker needed (a once-a-week checkmark or a daily tracker) instead of by category (spiritual, physical, social, intellectual). I haven't labeled all my boxes. One might be a plan for move-in day. One might be a menu plan. One might be for random ideas to remember for later.
The cute stickers on this page I bought at Hobby Lobby: "Elle oh Elle Seasonal, Foiled Sticker Pack." I like this set because each page represents a month of the year, so I don't have to flip back and forth through hundreds of irrelevant stickers.
 Similar, but with a box for menu planning:
This next spread is very personal. I have intentionally used a photograph that makes it hard to read. One side is about me. The facing page is for favorite quotes.
The about me includes:
1. My name
2. a few words I would use to describe myself
3. phrases from personality descriptions (Meyers-Briggs and Enneagram) that resonated with me
4. a place to write some special phrases from my patriarchal blessing and most recent priesthood blessing
5. A list of my favorite things.
 
I've been surprised how uplifting this page has been on difficult days.

No comments:

Post a Comment