Friday, September 30, 2016

Ready . . . Or Not, for Conference

During the April 2016 General Conference, our family had a "camp-out" in the living room. For October 2016, I'm planning a harvest-party theme, mostly because I just put up the fall decorations this week. I love the leaf garlands I bought at a craft store several years back, when they were 40% off. For this weekend, I've tucked-in the Lego temple our family built this summer (from a kit by Brick 'em Younger).

I also have an early pumpkin on display. Since I knew it would rot long before Halloween, I went with a conference themed design. I can't decide if the attempt at a temple is tacky or awesome. It really didn't carve well, which is why I embellished it with metallic Sharpie.
I'll be bringing in our 2 foot by 4 foot adjustable-height table to put in front of the couch for art supplies, doodle books, and maybe some building toys.
I had been planning for months to print up some photos from this summer of our family visiting Temple Square. It hasn't happened yet, so it probably won't . . . which is not unlike most of the conference activities on my Pinboard. C'est la vie.

What Our Family Is Eating Conference Weekend
A Rough Plan Subject to Change

Note: where we live now, the first session of General Conference starts at noon (lunchtime).
Saturday
Breakfast: Come what may and love it
Lunch: Hamburgers/Garden Burgers; Pickles; Orange Cranberry Naked Juice; Baked French Fries; leftover pre-made Oatmeal Applesauce Craisin Cookies
Snack (between sessions): Slow Cooker Applesauce with Graham Crackers
Dinner: Cory, K and T will eat at the social prior to the Priesthood Session at the Stake Center.
Pasta with Sausage and (Red) Pasta Sauce for everyone else.

Sunday
Breakfast: Apple Pie Oatmeal*
Lunch: Pot Roast with Vegetables; warm slices of Homemade Bread with Jam; Sauteed Cinnamon Butternut Squash; Apple Cider
Snack (between sessions): Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
Dinner: To be assigned

*This recipe is among a group I created for using my Fall Food Storage. I'm hoping to finish the recipes soon and post them for everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment