Monday, February 22, 2016

Lego Temple Ideas and Photographs

It had been a while since the last time our family did some Sabbath bonding over Legos, and last week I kept thinking: this Sunday we will build Lego temples together.
I attempted Boston (its beautiful picture is in the nursery manual). My biggest regret was that I couldn't find enough translucent blue bricks for taller stained glass windows. I do, however, love the impressionistic cubist Angel Moroni up top, don't you?

 K began with an ambitious project that included a door that opened and a check-in desk, but never got finished.
 S started with a baptismal font on the base and built out from there. It has a post-apocalyptic look to it that is definitely not cannon, however.
 Ah, Seattle. A single spire and an evergreen. There's no way to imply the skinny stained glass arches down at this scale. Well, without pulling out the fine-point Sharpies, anyway. M and I did this one together.
 Somehow, smaller was easier.
And then, throwing attempts at replication to the wind, I pieced together a one-of-a-kind building that looks like it could be a temple. Someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment