Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Planning April: Gospel Study with My Four Year Old

I try to do a preschool devotional (see below) about three days a week. He may get something out of only doing it once or twice, but after having done the same story three times in a row, I sometimes have the joy of hearing him "output" some of what I've been teaching him.
The quotes below are from my ABC scripture list: S is for Son, T is for temple, etc.
Easter is in late April this year, so I've chosen one of my favorite Easter hymns and one song from the  (April) 2019 Primary Singing Time.

Week 1 General Conference/Peter's Testimony

Scripture Quote: "This is my Beloved Son," Matthew 3:17, JS History 1:17
Song: "Christ the Lord Is Risen Today," by Charles Wesley, Hymns 200
Bible Story: New Testament Stories, Chapters 32 and 33 (paraphrased)

Optional Videos: New Testament, Chapter 32 and 33

Week 2 Easter

Scripture Quote: "The temple of God is holy," 1 Corinthians 3:17
Song: "Christ the Lord Is Risen Today," by Charles Wesley, Hymns 200
Bible Story: "Jesus Gave Us the Sacrament," by Kim Webb Reid (this is an Easter story)

Week 3 Easter

Scripture Quote: "Under the direction of His Father, He was the creator of the earth," "The Living Christ"
Song: "Faith," Children's Songbook 96-97
Bible Story: "The Story of Easter," by Kim Webb Reid (this is from the April 2019 Friend)

Week 4 Good Samaritan

Scripture Quote: "Visit the fatherless and widows," James 1:27
Song: "Faith," Children's Songbook 96-97
Bible Story: "Jesus Teaches How to Treat Others," by Diane L. Mangum

No comments:

Post a Comment