Thursday, August 4, 2011

Target Dollar Bins

I love back-to-school shopping. Here are my treasures from the Target dollar bins:
landmark flashcards
I've actually written each of these flash cards into our curriculum for the year; planning to add new ones when we are studying that area of the world.
insect flashcards
US animals flashcards
Science this year is mostly nature based, and my kids love picture-based flashcards.

abridged versions of Polyanna and Heidi
Despite general objections to abridged classics, I bought these. If we progress as much in reading as I hope to this year, Mia is going to finish our stash of early readers and be ready for more. Besides which, Polyanna and Heidi are both good role models. They are reverent, respect the elderly, loving and cheerful. Virtues I want ingrained at a young age.
small addition and subtraction booklets
alright--if you have a proper math curriculum, why buy more? All I can say is I've wasted more on lesser causes.

You may also want to stock up on markers, crayons, colored pencils, glue, construction paper . . . anything you might use this year while the fabulous sales are going.

No comments:

Post a Comment