Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Why Bloggers Need Breaks . . . Plus a Surprise Announcement

I’ve been blogging, with varying degrees of regularity, since my middle schooler was a preschooler. With the exception of posting an updated coloring journal (at the request of a local Activity Days leader), I took most of last year off. Why?

  • I’ve been blogging and posting thoughts about life, family, etc. for so long, that I was strugggling to discern between ideas that would benefit my family, and ideas to do with my family that would sound good on a blog. I decided a sabbatical might help me reconnect with my family and core values.
  • Our family is not perfect. The more interesting stories I usually choose not to post online, because someone in the family is bound to feel embarrassed by it. That, combined with a thoughtfully composed photograph, presents an airbrushed (figuratively) and idealized family that often doesn’t represent reality.
That said, I really enjoy writing, and the things I present are things we have really done. I hope you can forgive me for glossing over the “interesting stories” as I carefully choose what content to present to my readers.

I also want to thank my many readers that have grown over the years. I know somewhere behind those numbers are real people, and I hope some of what I present to you is of use.

Now, as I prepare to get back into writing, I have a huge announcement to make:

I now have a YouTube channel! 

After some serious thought, I have named my channel Enjoying the Intentional Life. Expect posts about living joyfully within my/your means, self-care, recipes, home care, parenting, and more. I might even do a Lego temple video to celebrate General Conference. We shall see.

 I am in the process of making and editing the initial videos. Expect the channel to go live spring of 2018, before the spring General Conference. If you find the channel interests you, please subscribe. YouTube has a threshold number of subscribers (100) required before giving a channel its own URL, making it easier to link and share videos.

See you soon!

~Stephanie 

No comments:

Post a Comment